Concerns about an increase in cases of coronavirus outside the mainland of China increase when South Korea reported an increase in new infections on Sunday, and Iran recorded the sixth death due to COVID-19 infection, as is well known.
The World Health Organization (WHO) said it is concerned about the jump in cases that have no apparent connection with China, as the virus was first detected at the end of December, and called for urgent funds to be provided to support countries with weaker health systems.
What is Coronavirus ?
Coron Viruses (CoV) are a large group of viruses that cause diseases ranging from common cold to more serious diseases, such as MERS-CoV and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-CoV). The new corona virus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Corona virus is an animal source, which means that it is transmitted between animals and people. Detailed research found that SARS-CoV was transferred from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from small camels to humans. Many known corona viruses are spread in animals that have not yet infected humans.
Common symptoms of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations for preventing infection include washing your hands regularly, covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and cooking meat and eggs thoroughly. Avoid close contact with anyone who has symptoms of respiratory disease, such as coughing and sneezing.
Deaths Caused by COVID-19
- China reports 648 new cases of coronavirus
- South Korea reports two more deaths, 123 new cases
- China’s Hubei province reports 96 new virus deaths
- In Italy virus cases jump to 79
Here are Some Safety Tips
- Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs
- Avoid unprotected contact with live animals
- Wash your hands frequently
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Avoid consumption of raw or undercooked animal products
Please Note , All information provided above are of date 23 FEB 2020.